Saturday, December 26, 2009

Still good in the world.

If you really know me, you know that most of my time is spent observing others. I enjoy watching and listening to others, very quietly from afar. And if you really know me, and actually get the stuff from inside my head to the outside world you know I how displeased I am with the meanness and hatred in the world. I observe it all too often, more and more each day :(

Well, Christmas eve I was reassured there is still goodness present in the world. :) and I want to thank that individual for being good.

The story goes like this..... A week ago Friday we were hit with a fun at the time but annoying nasty little snow storm. Within a few hours of it starting we had a very heavy blanket of snow. Assuming (yes its bad to assume) my car aka "clown car" would go good in the snow I had driven it over the van aka "Thing" that morning. Also, since 99.9% of the time the weather men miss the forecast I was a villager when they cried wolf yet again. Well my assumption was dead wrong, the clown car is awful in the snow, actually one of the worst cars I have owned for snow travel. Well, by 2pm when I decided to venture home from work I couldnt make it far. I did get too, with considerable effort, to my driveway. Or better said the entrance of my driveway. Since I live on a hill, and its uphill to the driveway I decided that leaving my car at the entrance was a good place to have it slammed into by cars coming down the other side. So, I opted to move the car to the vacant lot next door (down hill) of which I did. Little did I realize of ever observe was that spot never sees the light of day.
Well, after many attempts all week I decided I was going to get the clown car out of the field and back home in the warmth of the garage. I like my clown car.....
Joseph and I venture down to dig it out yet again. No luck.... the car just spins. I really think the issue was it sits so low to the ground snow builds up under it and the wheels never touch the ground with 4" or more of snow. After a good half hour of digging and pushing I decided to go get the come along and winch it out.
Strapped off to a tree with 2 tow straps and the come along in between we start trying to pull it out. Now, let me say, that the main road (Concord rd) is maybe 20 ft from the car, and in full view of everyone traveling up and down Concord. I cant tell you how many 4 wheel drive trucks, redneck mobiles (4wd trucks jacked up) pass by. Many slowing up enough to watch me, in Santa hat, and Joseph attempting to winch out the car. I commented more than once "you'd think someone would stop and offer to help pull us out" of course with %#@^&%$ words intertwined.
Finally this truck pulls up and a guy jumps out and says need a hand? Sure do I reply! He backs up to my car, gets his front tires on dry pavement and we hook the tow strap to the front of the car. I jump in, start the car and he begins to pull me out. He blocked traffic coming down Concord Rd pulling me out, but within a minute had me pulled out of the field and onto the road!
I tell the guy, who I regret not getting a name, if you will come up to the house I will give you a few bucks! He said, No Thanks!, Merry Christmas.

There is still good left in the world! Thanks for that reassurance.

No comments: