Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No humor today, 2/16/2010

Well, bad news ended the day. A good freind of Annette and I's has been diagnoised, and operated upon the previous day with a pretty bad brain tumor. The tumor is a gliblastomas and from what we understand a stage IV, which is pretty bad. I think the life expectancy is less than 2 years.

He is a great guy! Clay Tucker. Has had a pretty hard end of life but came through it as tough as could be. His previous wife, whom I used to have no respect for (more on this later) separated from him and then divorced. Clay, waited on her hand and foot as long as we knew them, which has been 10+ years. They other end of Mt Royal Drive, where we used to live a few years ago. Got where we did a lot with them, dinner a couple times a week and in general good friends. That was until they separated... His previous wife decided she wanted more, the way Annette and I saw it she had plenty, too much. Long Clay loved her tremendously, and it showed daily in all he did for her, and that was the thanks he got. Needless to say I HAD a poor opinion of her, honestly it was never great because I used to listen to her bash him all the time, and not in the joking way.

Well, Clay was left with the kids, both adopted from Russia. The dogs and the house and I am sure much more of a burden than she experienced.

The kids are who I feel for the most. They've been through some tough times. Adoption, at a early age, separation and divorce and now soon to lose their Dad. Kids stay with Clay 90% of the time, and he has always been the one caring for them. Its going to be a tough life for them the next few years. Not sure what I can do for them in life, but I will at least offer to be there.

Back to his previous wife, whom I had a very low opinion of... She has redemed herself somewhat with me now. Last night, Annette told me she is caring for him in the hospital, and wants to move him into her house to care for him. She told Annette she still loves him but just couldnt be satisfied with what she had during marriage.

I am impressed with the compassion she is showing now, in the time of need for him. I just hope he finds peace and happiness in his remaining time on earth.


No comments: